Friday, December 21, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!

I didn't have addresses for all of you, so if you didn't get a card... here's a couple virtual ones.



And if you want to be on the list for next year, shoot me an email.


I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season! *smooch*


One holiday that not a lot of us celebrate, I've been learning a bit about. The Solstice. Here's what one woman an my crafty board had to say about how she celebrates Solstice...


Yule is the beginning of the next turn of the wheel for me and so my ritual incorporates this feeling of beginning anew. I spend time meditating beforehand on what new things I want to bring into my life through education or experience and envision ways to do this.To honor the fact that the night of the solstice is the longest night of the year, I enjoy sitting in my house with all aritificial light sources extinguished while I do my meditation. When I am ready to proceed to the next step of actually writing down what my "resolutions" are, I turn on a soft light. This year I plan on using my tree.Then I make an amulet that contains my written down plans along with other special pieces that make it personal to me.


In case you're not sure "who" celebrates Yule and the Solstice, it's mainly Wiccans or Pagans. It's very interesting to read of all the symbols and rituals that began as Pagan and then were adopted by the church as their own.


So whatever YOU celebrate! Happy Holidays to you all. *smooch*

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very interesting. Thanks for sharing it.

And thank you for such a sweet message. Merry Christmas Breezy!

*smooch*

Breezy said...

*smooch*

Merry Christmas Boo!

Bravie said...

And I believe that Winter Solstice begins at 10:08pm PST, tonight. Yes?
That is a very nice tradition. I don't meditate but the thought of sitting in the dark and collecting all of my thoughts and goals and just being at peace with myself, even if just for one small moment in time, sounds very satisfying.
Have a wonderful Christmas, Breeze. *smooch*

Breezy said...

I believe so. I'll ask her.

I thought it was a wonderful thing too, I may do some meditating by the Christmas tree lights tonight. I already know a couple of my new year's resolutions... but I really like the idea of writing them down and putting them in an amulet or something.

*smooch*

Schnookie said...

Have a great Christmas Breezy!!
*smooch*

dragonflies said...

Merry Christmas to you Breezy! Watch out for the weather. Here we go again. More snow on Sat night and Sunday. *sigh* Marisa has swim practice at 7:30 am on Sunday. So I can't just stay home and wait for the Packer game on TV

dragonflies said...

Oh, speaking of Packers. Brett was on our local AM station this morning. He is such a wonderful, everyday kind of man. He talked about struggling to get his daughter to brush her teeth and get to bed on time, and what he does when boys come home to date his other daughter.

You have good taste in men Breezy!

lights said...

Love ya Breezy! Hope your holiday is a great one!

*smoooooch*

~Nutz said...

Have a happy holiday!

Puffy said...

Those are pretty cards. Interesting abou the solstice thing. Coincidentally, this weekend,Mr. Puffy and I are going to make a list of our "goals" for the next year. Maybe we'll do it in the dark or in the tub or something.

Merry Christmas!

Glowie said...

Thank you for the card. It's lovely. I hope you had a great holiday.

And? You never did tell me if you got Morgan's cookies.